SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS UPDATE:
This plug and play update now includes the new 64-bit version of Wildcat! It is only provided if you select to update to 64-bit and you have 64-bit Windows.
Changes, New Features and Enhancements by Wildcat! Component
WCGEOIP (Wildcat! GeoLocation IP)
- UPD: GeoLocation IP Database was updated August 15, 2022 version.
WCSSL (Wildcat! Secured Socket Layer)
- DOC: Instructions for extracting .crt and .key files from the .pfx file. https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/arl/9.7?topic=certification-extracting-certificate-keys-from-pfx-file
VCRTL (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable RTL)
- UPD: New Microsoft C/C++ 2019 x86/x64 Runtime Library redistribution. Version 14.29.30139 Note: Microsoft has a new 2022 RTL and it may be installed already. Future updates may include this new 2022 RTL but it is not required by Wildcat!
AUP (AutoUpdate Program)
- NEW: Autoupdate has a new switch /alpha. /alpha is used to connect to the Alpha AUP server for pre-release updates. The Alpha AUP server is available to AUP subscribers. Contact Sales if you wish to be included in the Alpha list. Note: The Alpha AUP server is not always ready. SSI will make announcements when the Alpha AUP Server is available with another pre-release update.
WC64 (Wildcat! 64bit System)
- NEW: Wildcat! 64-bit support was added for running under Windows 64-bit Operating Systems. Only the Wildcat! server side is currently 64-bit. This means all 32/64 bit wcSDK apps and 32-bit wcBASIC WCX apps are 100% compatible with with both 32/64-bit Wildcat! Servers. A new tool called FileOsVer.exe is available to allow you to see if a file is 32 bit or 64 bit. For example: c:\wcat> fileosver *.exe *.dll | sort will display a sorted list of files indicated 32 or 64 bit.
WCTOOLS (Wildcat! Utitities)
- NEW: New useful CLI tools were provided. fileosver verinfo netcopy ldepends - NEW: FileOSver - Displays the file(s) 32/64 sub-system OS information. Type fileosver for help Useful to see the files image information such as 32, 64-bit, sub-system GUI versus console, version, etc. Example: FileOSVer wcserver.exe 32bit 05.01 XP 8.0.454.12 WINDOWS_GUI 2021-05-09 15:13:31 wcserver.exe This says wcserver.exe is 32 bit. It is using WIN NT 5.01 which means the VS2019 RTL is being used. The version 8.0.454.12, its a Windows GUI program and its timestamp. For the 64-bit version, it will show: 64bit 05.02 XP 8.0.454.12 WINDOWS_GUI 2021-05-09 18:05:13 wcserver.exe - NEW: Verinfo - Displays the file(s) version information. Type verinfo for help Now that FileOsVer is available to get a version number, VerInfo is less necessary but has extended version information and it produces nice version information tables. - NEW: Netcopy - DOS and Wildcat! copying tool with a progress bar. Type netcopy for help. It has the basic syntax of: Netcopy file(s) [folder] [options] Netcopy has XCOPY-like features. Used to update files, measure transfer speeds, change buffer sizes, it can be also used to list and copy files from WUNC folders. Try this: netcopy wc:\file\area(1)\* /L Note: You have to provide a path to the source files, so if you wish to copy a local file to another folder like so: netcopy filename.zip folder It won't find filename.zip since no path was provided. It will be fixed one day, but use self directory path ".\" like so: netcopy .\filename.zip folder and it will work. Please use the /L switch to test any copies first. For example, the command: netcopy .\filename.zip folder /L will show you the files it will copy into the folder but it will skip the copy process. Use /L for testing because if the folder does not exist, it will be created. So confirm if you want a new folder or an existing folder. When copying a tree of files recursively using the /S switch, then use /L first to confirm the copy. Example: netcopy c:\folder1\* d:\folder2 /s /u /n /l This is a mirroring option. c:\folder1 will be mirrored to d:\folder2 updating existing files and adding new files. Subfolders will be created if necessary. Test it first with /l. - NEW: Ldepends - display the EXE file DLL dependencies. Type ldepends for help. Ldepends (and ldepends64) will take a EXE file and List the EXE file OS loading dependency. It will tell you if a DLL file is missing. Note with newer versions of Windows, it will tell you there is an error but it may not always indicate the actual file name of the missing DLL file when the DLL itself is dependent on other DLL files. If the EXE is 64-bit, use the LDepends64 version instead.
WCNETRUNNER (Wildcat! Net Runner)
- UPD: Wildcat! Net Runner now allows for a global user name for the same machine. Depending on how the RSH client is called on the remote machine, if its a Desktop call, it will be using the user's desktop login name. If the RSH client was started as a service, the Windows service SYSTEM name will be used. This allows to use a global wildcard "*" for the machine client user name.
WCWEB (Wildcat! Web Server)
- FIX: Fixed case sensitive password change in wcWeb Personal Settings when changing only the case of the password. - FIX: Fixed the listing of a file area when the area is the last one in your list of file areas. By default, the user's profile setting "htmlfilelistsort" is "name" which is sort by Area and then file name. The option to sort by newest file first ("datedes") as set in the user's personal profile caused a zero files listing when the target file area number is the last file area. So if Area ### is the last area, listing this area by "datedes" produced 0 files to list. This is now fixed in the WCX library module "html-list file.wcc" You can test the behavior where ### is the file area to display. The test is when ### is the last file area in your wcconfig | File Areas setup. The URL to list files is: /code/html-list files.wcx?area=### By default it will use the user's personal properties file listing sort setting. To override the sort, use the sort= parameter: /code/html-list files.wcx?area=###&sort=dateasc /code/html-list files.wcx?area=###&sort=datedes /code/html-list files.wcx?area=###&sort=namedes
WCBASIC (Wildcat! BASIC Software Development Kit)
- FIX: fixed "html-personal.wcc" to allow case sensitive password change. - FIX: fixed "Sysop user editor.wcc" to allowing user name case, i.e HECTOR SANTOS to Hector Santos. - FIX: fixed "html-list files.wc"" sort by descending date bug for the last area. See wcWEB note about this and also see wcRefresh update notes.
WCSAP (Wildcat! Sender Authentication Protocol)
- FIX: Fixed SPF neutral results by returing a SMTP reply code. It was returning 0 thus causing small clients to continue to sending. The new field rescode_spf_neutral was added with a default value of 250 (pass). - NEW: new field added to wcsap\wcsap.ini rescode_spf_neutral 250 ; accepted by SPF Lookup
WCQWK (Wildcat! QWK)
- FIX: Changed the date format from HH:mm to hh:mm
WCSMTP (Wildcat! SMTP Server)
- NEW: New registry option wcSMTP wcRegEdit /local /value:wcSMTP\ClientDomain /string:clientdomain.hostname where clientdomain.hostname is the public domain of the public IP address. This allows an override for the default rDNS (reverse DNS) result used for the EHLO command. This may be necessary for a growing amount of SMTP receivers who will reject mail if the EHLO does not match the public IP or when the private IP domain is used instead of the public domain. Previously to resolve you, you needed to create a Remote Host record for SMTP receivers who exhibit this problem. Now you can set it as the default client domain name used for EHLO.
WCDNS (Wildcat! DNS Resolver)
- FIX: Fixed DNS cache for saving the minimum TTL for RR query with multiple results.
WCREFRESH (Wildcat! File Database Refresh Tool)
wcRefresh Documentation - UPD: Updated behavior when adding file records to areas By default, wcrefresh always added all files except sub-directories, including files marked as hidden and/or system. Now hidden or system files are skipped. To revert to old behavior, see the new switch options /AddHidden, /AddSystem - NEW: Added new switches /AddHidden and /AddSystem When adding new files to a file area, hidden and system files are now skipped by default in this update. You can enable adding hidden and/or system files using the new options: /AddHidden Do not skip adding hidden files /AddSystem Do not skip adding system files Notes: Generally, system files are hidden but not always. You can also uses the a skip list to excludes files. - UPD: The default skiplist now contains: wc:\files\areas(*)\wccreate.dir wc:\files\areas(*)\.wctaccess You can define your own skip list by defining the following file with similar Wildcat! search file specs per line: wc:\data\wcrefresh-skiplist.txt
WCFTP (Wildcat! FTP Server)
- NEW: New registry option to set the Public Passive IP address. wcregedit /local /value:wcFTP\PassiveIP /string:IP-ADDRESS where IP-ADDRESS is the public IP address of your wcFTP server. This is necessary where your machine is a private IP address behind a NAT with the public IP address.