SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS UPDATE:
This revision 454.3 is a plug and play update which includes many fixes, a few changes and performance improvements to the Wildcat! SMTP mail system.
Changes, New Features and Enhancements by Wildcat! Component
WCSSL (Wildcat! Secured Socket Layer)
- UPD: wcSSL was updated with OpenSSL v1.0.1 which fixes a potential security exploit with TLSv1. WCSSLCONFIG nows allow you to select TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 For high level PCI operations, your PCI Auditor may require you to use TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 NOTE: If you using SSL, you must do the following after upgrading to update the SSL files installed in your setup: STOP WCONLINE CD \WC5 or \WC6 unzip -o wcssl unzip -o openssl RESTART WCONLINE NOTE: The odds are very high that SSL will be automatically updated in future updates and no longer require a manual reminder. In other words, this is the last update where manual installations will be provided.
WCCONFIG (Wildcat! Configuration)
- NEW: IP Blocking/Tracking option added to Web and Telnet Server setup. Wildcat! now supports IP filtering of Web and Telnet connections simply by adding +/- IP [mask] lines to the following files: config\ipaccess-http.dat <--- web config\ipaccess-telnet.dat For example, adding a line to config\ipaccess-http.dat -126.96.36.199 will block Web access for this address. The new WCCONFIG IP block/tracking options DO NOT disable the config\ipaccess-*.dat filtering if the file exist. The WCCONFIG options simply extends the filtering to add blocking delays (delays the response to the blocked IP client) and tracking which allows other protocols to learn from the web/telnet block. - DOC: IP Blocking for internet servers performed by Wildcat! Server Except for wcNNTPServer, all the following internet protocols have IP filtering if the file exist: config\ipaccess-finger.dat config\ipaccess-pop3.dat config\ipaccess-ftp.dat config\ipaccess-http.dat config\ipaccess-telnet.dat config\ipaccess-smtp.dat
WCSMTP (Wildcat! SMTP Server)
- NEW: New WCSMTP Outbound Mail Queue Manager For mail in the spool\your-host\smtp queue folder, a new internal stock html-wcsmq.wcx applet offers a console display only or web-based display/manager of the outbound mail queue. To display a console window, type: wcrun -r html-wcsmq.wcx TIP: create a batch like SMQ.CMD and add the above command. To display via Web Browser, log in and use the url: http://your-domain.com/code/html-wcsmq.wcx The module html-wcsmq.wcx is now a stock WCX applet provided with the Wilcat.wcl image library for all installations. - ENH: WcSMTP was greatly enhanced for improve large scale mail operations. The begin this effort, see the new wcSMTP roles splitting features. - NEW: WcSMTP can now run as three separate roles (Processes) with new /ROLE switches: wcsmtp /router wcsmtp /sender wcsmtp /receiver This allows to reduce the stress of all roles under one WCSMTP process which is ideal for small to mid scale mail loads. However, if you had large outbound mail operations, consider the role splitting. They also work as NT/Windows Services. See the new services batch files. - ENH: Mail Sender now has optional timeouts per state via host file. Defaults are (in secs): [timeouts] greeting = 300 ehlo = 300 mail.from = 300 rcpt.to = 300 data = 180 data.eod = 600 quit = 300 rset = 300
WCTELNET (Wildcat! Telnet Server)
- NEW: IP Tracking/Blocking was added to the Telnet server. To create Allow/Deny IP filter rules added +IP or -IP rules in the text file: config\ipaccess-telnet.dat
WCWEB (Wildcat! Web Server)
- NEW: IP Tracking/Blocking was added to the Web server. To create Allow/Deny IP filter rules added +IP or -IP rules in the text file: config\ipaccess-http.dat - DOC: Wildcat! Web Pages and Templates. Traditionally, when you installed Wildcat!, example web pages were provided via CD and we never dared to touch them other than change the stock templates common to all customers. This was disadvantage in provding the modern web pages as they evolved, so starting with this update, we will provide Web Profiles downloadable from the Support Center allowing you to install new powerful and more modern web pages from SSI or other web page developers who wish to share them with others. This will benefit customers who traditionally used Wildcat! for dialup or console applications but are now interested in using the Wildcat! Web Server as part of their total solution. In addition, it will benefit customers who are increasingly using Wildcat! VDG (Virtual Domain Groups) but having a source of common web pages for new VDG setups. Visit the SSI online web support site to stay on par with this new effort to enhance the Wildcat! web pages. They will no longer be provided via the CD installation.
WCBASIC (Wildcat! BASIC Software Development Kit)
- ENH: The WCSERVER will now accept WUNC "WC:\CODE\" with subfolders, like "wc:\code\projects\myapp.wcx" - NEW: A new module called html-wcsmq.wcx was added to the stock wildcat.wcl library. html-wcsmq.wcx allows for operators to see the outbound WCSMTP mail queue. - NEW: A new wcSMTPque.wch wcbasic header was added to wcBASIC SDK
WCNTSERVICES (Wildcat! Windows/NT Services)
- ENH: WCSMTP can now run as separate roles. See new services batch files.
SMTPFILTER (WCSMTP Mail Filter Scanner)
- ENH: Wildcat! Grey Lister was updated to allow for time hints to be added to wcSMTP server responses. It is enabled by default and it will improve Greylist operations. Remote clients supporting the time hints will greatly reduced their outbound mail overhead, that include Wildcat! based remote clients who are aware of the time hints. See the Greylist Wildcat! AVS manager.
WCPHP (Wildcat! for PHP)
- UPD: New WCPHP installation for PHP v5.30 engine. Go to Santronics Online http://www.winserver.com to download the PHP v5.3 versions of WCPHP for either the lite or full installation of PHP. File listing of area 69 - PHP for Wildcat! wcphp-lite-5.3.0.exe Wildcat! For PHP plus LITE install of PHP v5.3 wcphp-full-5.3.0.exe Wildcat! For PHP plus FULL install of PHP v5.3 If you already have WCPHP installed (for PHP v5.2.6), then updating is only necessary if you are using PHP script applications which depend on PHP v5.30 extensions. wcphp-full is only needed if you don't have PHP v5.30 installed and wish to have a full and separate PHP v5.30 installation along with the WCPHP PWE extension files. The wcphp-lite version includes the mininum PHP extensions: php_curl.dll php_gd2.dll php_imap.dll php_pdo_sqlite.dll php_snmp.dll php_soap.dll php_sockets.dll php_sqlite.dll php_xmlrpc.dll php_zip.dll If you need additional php*.dll extensions you can either copy the required extension(s) to the \wc6\php\ext folder and enabled it in the \wc6\php\php.ini file or install the full version of PHP v5.3 directly or with WCPHP-FULL-5.3.0.exe