SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS UPDATE:
This is a plug and play major update rebuilt for the latest Windows! Operating Systems! It is still compatible with previous versions. The goal with this release is Wildcat! on Windows (WoW) compatibility. The one exception is that 16/32bit Door Operations are disabled on 64 bit Windows Operating Systems. Pure Wildcat! 32 bit doors using the wcDoor32 API doors should continue to work.
Changes, New Features and Enhancements by Wildcat! Component
WCSERVER (Wildcat! Server)
- FIX: Internal code fixes for virtual get sub domains functions
WCSSL (Wildcat! Secured Socket Layer)
Overall, wcSSL was udpated to support the latest PCI security recommendations. In the PCI/SSL world, TLSv1.2 is now the only acceptable protocol. - UPD: wcSSL was updated with OpenSSL v1.0.2h. - ENH: wcSSLConfig now defaults to using TLSv1.2 only with strong ciphers when PCI compliance is set.
WCSMTP (Wildcat! SMTP Server)
- ENH: Made some security related fixes, clean up areas. - FIX: Fixed EHLO 5yz handler where wcSMTP did not stop trying to send.
WCWEB (Wildcat! Web Server)
- NEW: Added jQuery Mobile client development API - UPD: Message reader now decodes base64 fields, i.e. subject lines. - NEW: Support for the HEAD command. HEAD is the same as GET with the same headers but no body is sent. - ENH: Idle Thread Monitor frequency is now configurable. The previous versions setting is a fixed 2 second wake up monitoring of the logged in connected thread contexts to check for idle timeouts (if enabled), to service /logout commands and also run any of the optional WCXes: html-session-idletimeout.wcx html-session-prelogout.wcx The new default will be 100 millisecs. This will help support and scale fast login, logout URL automated requirements. - ENH: WCX and CGI script map URLS now have an optional wcWeb\NoContentStatus404 registry DWORD 1|0 on/off setting. The default is 1 which to continue with the promotion of a 404 status (Not found) when the context is zero bytes. Setting it to zero will allow applets to set any setting required. This is useful for watchdog and load balancing operations that wish to use honor HEAD HTTP command and setting a non-404 status with no context. - FIX: Fixed bug with WC7 file w/ passwords downloads via web. - FIX: Fixed UTF8 subject field decoding for Web Thread mode mail display. html-msgthread.wcx updated.
WCTASKMGR (Wildcat! Task Manager)
- FIX: Fixed time problem when starting wcTaskMgr in time zones greater than GMT, i.e. +1 or more. - FIX: Fixed WeekEnd Scheduler - FIX: Fixed Coping Events to relist the events
WCQWK (Wildcat! QWK)
- FIX: Fixed attachment problem
WCBASIC (Wildcat! BASIC Software Development Kit)
- UPD: Module "Sysop User Editor.wcc" was updated to support case insensitive passwords. - NEW: Added DOOR32.SYS support to "Run a Door.wcc" - UPD: HTML-PERSONAL.WCC was updated to support email field in general page internal: changes: html-personal.wcc template\personal-page-general.htm - UPD: MSGUTIL.WCC library updated to support generic type based64 decoding with UTF8toText() function.
WCFTP (Wildcat! FTP Server)
- DOC: Documented Wildcat! FTP Extended Quote Commands. See http://www.winserver.com/public/aup/wcFTP-Extended-Quote-Commands.htm
WCDOOR (Wildcat! Doors)
- NEW: Added DOOR32.SYS support. The console application "Run a Door" will now create both the DOOR.SYS and DOOR32.SYS drop files for supportive doors to use. - DOC: Please note the following about running DOORS in the modern Windows era: o 64 bit Windows Operating Systems: 16 bit applications (16 bit doors) will no longer run under 64 bit Windows operating systems. You can only run 32 bit or 64 bit applications. - DOC: Please remember that doors designed for Wildcat! communications I/O, need the following dll files: wcsrv2.dll wcdoor32.dll (if available, future doors should link to wcdoor32.lib"( door32.dll (for legacy doors binding to the old door32.lib
WCSPF (Wildcat! SPF)
- FIX: Fixed small parsing bug for IP6 directives.
WCNNTP (Wildcat! NNTP/News Server)
- FIX: Fixed intermittent bug (stack corruption) when reading mail via newsreader
WCCONFIG (Wildcat! Configuration)
- FIX: Deleting a Virtual Domain now deletes the config\xxxxx.domain file. This fixes a minor issue when VDG options are different than the default.
TEMPLATES (Wildcat! HTTP Templates)
- FIX: File_Search.htm was the older version.
WCCORE (Wildcat! BASIC Core Runtime Engine)
- FIX: Fixed issue with web pages not having an EOL terminator.
WCT (Wildcat! Templates)
- NEW: New MakeWCX for just in time (JIT) compiling in WCT scripts. - FIX: Fixed HTML-WCT.WCC processing of @SET V=IF(p1,p2,p3) where p2 or p3 could be blank but was translated as zero "0".